Director of Business Development and Partnerships
The Director of Business Development and Partnerships will set up the systems and processes to create, nurture, and scale revenue-generating corporate partnerships and personally manage a growing $2M+ partnership portfolio over the next 18 months. The head of partnerships could transition into a Chief Revenue Officer or related role over time.
This role will cultivate, manage and expand multiple revenue streams over time, starting with ownership of CodePath’s go to market strategy, sales plan, and earned revenue for CodePath’s Virtual Career Fair.
- In 6 months
- Setup systems and process to track, manage, and nurture corporate partnerships pipeline.
- Create and begin executing a board endorsed 12 month partnership plan to increase CodePath’s reach and influence in the nation’s largest employers and top technology brands.
- Identify and hire contractors to assist with asset creation, messaging, lead generation, and nurturing.
- Expand the number of companies participating in CodePath’s VCF to 30 by Spring 2020 and 50 by Fall 2020.
- In 12 months
- Represent CodePath at a variety of industry events
- Add at least $5M in new pipeline in year 1
- Close at least $500k in new business in year 1
- Work with the CEO to add at least 1 new major brand in year 1
- In 18 months
- Secure $10M in new pipeline in 18 months
- Closed $1M in new business
- Helped to triple CodePath’s champions among C-suite fortune 500 executives.
- Driving all aspects of our earned revenue strategy related to our student career services including setting up an initial process, closing partnership deals, and personally managing a portfolio of companies to achieve aggressive sales targets.
- Improving our go-to market narrative and develop sales materials to help enrich business.
- Own employer participation and involvement in CodePath’s bi-annual virtual career fairs
- Setting sales goals and analyzing sales forecasts and pipelines.
- Advancing active enterprise-level prospects, and driving lead generation and pipeline growth to sustain defined revenue goals.
- Elevating key partnerships relationships to more strategic levels.
- Informing our team about relevant market trends, competition, changes to the educational environment, and other factors impacting sales.
- Competencies (internal list)
- Exceptional networker with strong network of Fortune 500 CEOs, CMOs, CMOs, or CHROs.
- Prior experience leading 8 figure sales/partnership deals end to end
- Exceptional verbal communication skills and ability to connect with a variety of different executives.
- Previous startup or nonprofit founder or early hire and built a $2M+ sales pipeline from scratch
- 5+ years of experience in enterprise / B2B sales management, business development, or related experience.
- Demonstrated expertise and experience running the complete consultative sales cycle to successfully close enterprise deals.
- Knowledge of sales to fortune 500 engineering, marketing, and HR leaders
- An established network inside the fortune 500 that provides you with an unfair advantage in building pipeline.
- A clear track record of exceeding sales and revenue targets.
- Experience and desire to work the early growth phase of a start-up.
- Experience defining pricing and validating product-market fit
- Experience setting up Salesforce or a similar CRM with know-how and discipline to manage, track, and report activity for every sales stage.
- Has previously managed sales pipelines with an average deal size of $100k+