Head of Growth and University Relations
80% of minority CS students will drop out, and we believe it’s a problem of inspiration, support, and access. We add on-campus industry courses and career support that make our students 3X more likely to succeed in tech.
Your mission is to lead our expansion from 30 campuses to 60+ campuses by the end of 2021. We’re financially supported by great partners like Facebook, Microsoft, and many others that believe that we’re creating systemic change, and you would be a big part of that impact.
Students often tell us that our industry, project-based courses are their favorite CS experiences. Professors love that we handle curriculum updates, grading, and student technical support. Best of all, our courses are free for students and universities.
We often launch at a new university by recruiting student leaders, and we train/support them to offer the course for non-credit. Over time, we work with the administration to offer the course for credit. In addition, each summer, we offer 3 levels of interview prep courses, and our virtual career fairs facilitate over a thousand interviews each year.
What’s the job like?
- At the end of the day, you own the outcome of hitting our campus expansion and student enrollment targets.
- As an early team member, you will drive everything from strategy to planning and execution, although you will have a budget to hire contractors.
- You will have a lot of autonomy to own your outcomes, and people can find that both exciting as well as intimidating and unstructured.
- Your customers are students and professors, and a large part of your success will come from advocating for their needs and developing dozens of authentic relationships across the universities that we serve.
- Create and execute plans to reach quarterly and annual growth targets to new campuses including the development of strategies to reach different school types in different geographic regions
- Develop and maintain relationships with students, professors, student groups, and others on campus to improve CodePath’s relationship with existing schools and support CodePath’s campus brand.
- Manage relationships with marketing partnerships (e.g., AnitaB.org, UNCF, various tech companies) as a part of student and faculty engagement.
- Collaborate with operations to improve student, professor, and campus onboarding for new campus locations and existing campus renewals.
- Manage full-time/part-time contractors to achieve quarterly and annual objectives.
We’re not fixed on a particular set of activities to reach the objectives of hitting expansion goals and maintaining relationships as long as we’re not spamming students/professors, and we’re building authentic relationships. Strategies may include:
- Direct outreach. Email campaigns, 1:1 Facebook/Slack messages, phone calls to alumni, students, and professors.
- Partnerships. Partnering with any organization with existing relationships to universities that can accelerate expansion.
- Student group relationships. Develop deeper relationships with local CS clubs for ongoing marketing. E.g., sponsor an “industry” committee in ACM, part of their role would be making sure the classes happen each semester.
- Campus visits. Travel to key campuses to develop in-person relationships with students and professors.
- Conferences. Facilitate keynote talks by Michael or Tim in conferences with many CS professors or chairs.
- Awareness campaigns. National contests, scholarships, content marketing, etc, campaigns that can draw awareness to our course offerings.
- Passion for equity, education, and social impact
- Experience owning strategy and execution at early-stage companies
- Experience with marketing, community, and communications
- High empathy/understanding of the tech industry and university CS
- Willing to travel to campuses or conferences as required
- 4+ years of professional work experience
CodePath Core Values
- We keep our promises to students
- We exist to empower others
- We encourage and celebrate diversity
- We believe in continuous growth and excellence
- We love to experiment and try new things
We are committed to professional growth and fulfillment at work. Benefits include:
- Medical insurance with dental and vision.
- Generous time off with a flexible workplace and work schedule.
- A commitment to developing leaders from within the organization.
- Frequent opportunities to connect with students, universities, and communities we serve.
- Opportunities to engage, collaborate and partner with top technology companies, venture capitalists, and engineering leaders in Silicon Valley.
- Offices in the San Francisco SOMA area, near Caltrain.
About the Current Team
We are individuals from a multitude of backgrounds, experiences, and unlikely stories, all connected by a single dream: a world in which regardless of background, socioeconomic status, gender or race all people have pathways to reach their full potential.
With a staff and board that cares deeply cares about diversity and equity, we believe that diverse perspectives and backgrounds create a richer work environment and enhance our ability to pursue our mission.
If you’re interested in applying, please click "Apply for this Job" below. Tell us why you’d be a great fit for the role. Don’t forget to attach a resume.